Skip to main content

Concurrent enrollment means a high school student takes college courses while remaining a full-time high school student. Students must remain full-time and maintain good academic standing in order to take college courses.

Please consult with your high school counselor first before the student enrolls in a college course. The high school counselor can help determine whether credits are UC/CSU transferable. The high school counselor can also help determine which high school graduation requirement will be fulfilled by the college course.

The student will need to apply directly to the college in order to enroll in the college course. California community colleges require application forms before high school students are allowed to enroll. The application form will require a counselor signature; please have the student directly email their high school counselor when they require a signature. Please remember that signatures may take up to 5 business days to process.

High school students are now able to take courses from California community colleges and from 4-year, private, or online accredited colleges. Courses taken at accredited colleges can be applied to both high school and college transcripts. Please note, 4-year, private, and online colleges may not require permission forms for high school students. High school students still need to email their high school counselor with relevant course information to ensure that all credits are applied correctly.

Please review the following documents for more information:

Concurrent Enrollment Guides

There are many community college courses to choose from. The following Community College Guides can help students narrow down the courses they would like to take. The guides will explain which community college courses will fulfill certain high school graduation requirements. High school counselors are always available to help guide students through the concurrent enrollment process.